BIM Modeller (Tekla) – Bridge
Since COWI’s first bridge in 1938 our world-class bridge engineers have pushed the boundaries of bridge design and designed more than 3,000 bridges worldwide – including record-breaking suspension and cable stayed bridges.
Today, we are more than 600 dedicated and highly skilled bridge engineers around the globe and we look forward to welcome even more. With solid experience and focus on technical excellence, we are driven by innovation and by our ambition to work closely with our clients to deliver excellent solutions for complex multidisciplinary projects.
We want to be the best place to work. We promote a collaborative mind-set, work internationally and engage with our colleagues, clients and stakeholders. COWI is an equal opportunity employer.
We are always growing and so should you!
COWI holds a very strong competitive position in the international market for a wide range of multidisciplinary projects within infrastructure – no matter how large or small. As the leading international bridge designer COWI are responsible for challenging bridge projects world-wide.
Today COWI experiences an increased demand for its services and delivers substantial results. This strengthened position in the market brings a contin uous flow of new and challenging projects. Consequently, we are currently seeking expertise within Computer Aided Design and BIM modelling with a background in Bridge Design.
COWI is involved in the engineering and design of tunnels, bridges, marine structures, buildings, highway and airports and other areas ranging from preliminary studies to design and rehabilitation. COWI combines global presence with local knowledge to solve prestigious infrastructure projects. COWI India has more than 220 dedicated Engineering staff working within India and are currently involved in a variety of multidisciplinary projects around the Globe. As a Junior BIM modeller in COWI you will be an integrated part of COWI’s internatio nal bridge community.
Some of our Current & Forthcoming Projects in Bridge Design with COWI India
- Detailed design incl. 3D models for the upgrade of the railway link between Ringsted and Fehmarn in Denmark to a high speed railway line
- Detailed design incl. 3D models of the new Highway E18 in Norway from Rugtvedt to Dordal
- 3D modelling of the research facility European Spallation Source (ESS) in Sweden
- Detail design incl. 3D models of 3 km new railway line in Tanzania
- 3D modelling on the world longest suspension bridge (Çanakkale, main span of 2,023m)
We are searching for innovative, talented and committed colleagues. Are you COWI material?
Work Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Participation of preparation of high quality 3D models for extraction of 2D drawings
- Production of rebar and bar-bending schedules and calculation of quantities
- Active participation in safeguarding our focus on quality through critical evaluation of structural design and deliverables
Professional Qualification, skills and experience requirement:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or B.Tech in Civil engineering
- Freshly graduates to 10 years’ of experience in Bridge modelling
- 3D modelling of concrete or steel structures and rebar detailing in Tekla
- Experience in the use of Rhino/Grasshopper together with Tekla is a plus
- Bentley MicroStation and AutoCAD would be added advantage
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office software particularly MS Excel and Word
Personal competences needed to perform job:
- Tech savvy and aptitude for learning on the job
- Strong command of the English language
- Ability to work independently within a project team
- Self-critical, particular and attention to detail
- Programming language skills is a plus
COWI offers a dynamic work environment where our global teams strive for the best to deliver outstanding quality, on time, on budget. In COWI you will get the opportunity develop your personal competences through exciting projects and our continuous search for technical excellence.
- High Performance work culture
- Future career opportunities
- Opportunity to work with world class specialists
To know more, please visit www.cowi.in